THE INTERAC® GROCERY GIVEAWAY CONTEST (the "Contest")
Official Rules and Regulations (the "Contest Rules")
1. THE CONTEST PERIOD
The Contest commences at approximately 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on September 20, 2010, and concludes at 9:59 a.m. ET on October 18, 2010 (the "Contest Period").
The Contest is open to residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in his or her province or territory of residence. Employees, directors and officers of Acxsys Corporation ("INTERAC®"), W Network Inc., VIVA Channel Inc. and Corus Entertainment Inc. (the "Contest Sponsors"), any affiliate (as defined in the Canada Business Corporations Act) of the Contest Sponsors (the "Affiliates"), employees, directors and officers of their respective advertising and promotional agencies, as well as family members of any of the foregoing or those with whom they are domiciled are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- (i) To qualify for the Grand Prize ("Method 1"). Visit the Contest page at www.wnetwork.com (the "Website") during the Contest Period and complete the on-line Contest entry form in full. Members of My W may enter by using the "QUICKCLICK" entry mechanism on the Contest Entry page. Entrants who enter using Method 1 are only eligible to win the Grand Prize*.
- * Only one (1) entry using Method 1 is permitted per person per day during the Contest Period. Multiple entries will be discarded. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- (ii) To qualify for the Secondary Prize ("Method 2"). Visit the Website during the Contest Period and play the Contest instant win game (the "Contest Game"). Those who collect all five (5) shopping list items and "check out" within thirty (30) seconds qualify to win one (1) of eight (8) Secondary Prizes (as defined below), awarded at random times each week during the Contest Period. Winners of the Secondary Prize will be alerted via instant electronic message (the "Instant Win Message") of having won upon completion of the Contest Game. Upon receipt of the Instant Win Message, winners of the Secondary Prize will be required to complete an online entry form**.
- **Winners of a Secondary Prize are eligible to win the Grand Prize if their entry is submitted under Method 1. Only one (1) Secondary Prize will be awarded per person. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are reproduced, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
4. GRAND PRIZE WINNER SELECTION
On October 21, 2010, at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET, one (1) eligible entrant will be randomly selected as the winner of the Grand Prize, as described below.
5. CONTACTING WINNERS
Winners of the Grand Prize and a Secondary Prize (collectively, the "Prizes") will be contacted by a representative of the Contest Sponsors within five (5) business days of being declared a winner by telephone and/or email, as provided by the entrant in his or her Contest entry form. Potential Prize winners found to be ineligible, who decline to accept the Prize or who are unable to be contacted (including failing to return phone calls or emails) within five (5) business days of the draw will forfeit the Prize.
6. THE PRIZES AND THEIR VALUES
There is one (1) Grand Prize available to be won. The Grand Prize consists of one one thousand dollars (CDN$1,000) to be awarded by way of an INTERAC Email Money Transfer. There are eight (8) Secondary Prizes to be won, each consisting of five hundred dollars (CDN$500) and each to be awarded by way of an INTERAC Email Money Transfer.
7. INSTRUCTIONS AND DEADLINE FOR CLAIMING A PRIZE
Following confirmation as a Prize winner in accordance with the Contest Rules, selected entrants will be given instructions and a deadline as to how they must claim the Prize. To receive and deposit an INTERAC Email Money Transfer, the potential winner of the Prize must (i) have a valid email address, (ii) have access to online banking, and (iii) bank with a participating financial institution (potential winners of a Prize will be provided with a list of participating financial institutions). Alternate methods for claiming the Prize will be made available to potential Prize winners if any of the above criteria are not met. Potential winners who fail either to claim the Prize or to inform the Contest Sponsors of his/her inability to claim the Prize before the deadline, as instructed, will forfeit the Prize.
8. PRIZE CONDITIONS
All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the Prize description (the "Expenses") are the sole responsibility of the Prize winner (and/or guest where applicable). Prize winners shall not seek reimbursement for the Expenses from the Contest Sponsors.
9. CHANCES OF WINNING
Chances of winning depend on the number of entrants during the Contest Period.
10. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES
None of the Contest Sponsors makes any representation or offers any warranty, express or implied, as to the quality or fitness of the Prize. The Prize winner understands and acknowledges that he or she may not seek reimbursement or pursue any legal or equitable remedy from the Contest Sponsors should the Prize fail to be fit for its purpose or is in any way unsatisfactory to the Prize winner.
11. DECLARATION AND RELEASE OF PRIZE WINNER
Before being awarded the Prize, the Prize winner must:
- a) Correctly answer, unaided, a skill-testing mathematical question; and
- b) Sign a standard form confirming that by entering the Contest:
- he or she read, understood and accepted these Contest Rules;
- that he or she understands that acceptance of the Prize may involve danger and/or exposure to risks and hazards of both man-made and natural origin, whether arising from foreseeable or unforeseeable human error and negligence, and that, as a result, he or she may suffer damage to personal property, serious personal injury, illness or even death;
- that he or she nevertheless freely and voluntarily agrees and does hereby assume any and all risks of personal injury, illness, death arising out of or connected with his or her participation in the Contest and winning the Prize; and
- that he or she releases the Contest Sponsors, the Affiliates, and all of their directors, officers, employees, agents as well as their respective advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the "Releasees") from any and all liability arising in connection with participation in the Contest and acceptance of the Prize, including, without limitation, any financial, legal or moral responsibility or loss or personal injury including death or damage to or loss of property suffered or incurred or arising from participating in the Contest or accepting the Prize, whether suffered by the Prize winner, or by his or her heirs, administrators, personal representatives or executors, and notwithstanding that such injuries or losses may have been caused solely or partly by any act, omission, negligence or gross negligence of any or all of the Releasees.
12. PRIZE SUBSTITUTION
Prizes are non-exchangeable, non-transferable, non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion and for any reason, to substitute and/or modify a Prize, or Prize portion, with a prize(s) of equal or greater value. Should a winner be unable to claim his/her Prize as awarded, he or she will forfeit the Prize.
Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to cancel, suspend, terminate, modify the Contest Rules or administration of the Contest, in whole or in part, without prior notice with no obligation or liability, including, if for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, whether due to technical failure, tampering, fraud, corruption of security or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsors.
14. OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
All entries shall become the property of the Contest Sponsors and their advertising and promotional agencies. The Releasees assume no responsibility for lost, stolen, destroyed or otherwise indecipherable entries due to any failure or technical malfunction of the telephone network, on-line computer systems of equipment, servers, access providers, software, poor reception, technical problems, failure of any email or submission or due to any other reason regardless of cause.
By entering the Contest, each entrant, including the Prize winner consents to the use of his or her name, city of residence, photograph, voice, likeness, image or any other aspect of his or her personality for any publicity and programming purposes, commercial or otherwise, in all media used by the Contest Sponsors, promoters and their advertising and promotional agencies, without any payment or compensation. The Prize winner further agrees that his or her audio reaction may be used for on-air promotional purposes. The entrants understand and acknowledge that the Contest Sponsors may contact him or her on-air without prior knowledge as a result of his or her participation in the Contest.
16. CONSENT TO COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
By entering the Contest and voluntarily providing personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, city, email address, home and office telephone numbers (the "Registrant Information"), each Contest entrant grants permission to the Contest Sponsors to collect and use of the Registrant Information for the exclusive purpose of administering the Contest and selecting the Prize winners. No correspondence will take place between the Contest Sponsors and the entrants except in connection with the Contest and, in the case of the Prize winner, as a result of entering the Contest and winning the Prize.
If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsors that corrupts, impairs or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest and/or prizes. The Contest Sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify, from this Contest and future contests of the Contest Sponsors, any individual who tampers with or in any way corrupts the entry process. The Contest Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in the Contest Sponsors' sole discretion, the Contest Sponsors determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or the Contest Sponsors representatives. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including lawyers' fees) from any such entrant or any other individual to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
18. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By entering the Contest, the entrant agrees that the Releasees shall have no liability and shall be held harmless by the entrant for any damage, loss or liability to person or property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of entering the Contest, the acceptance, possession, use, enjoyment or misuse of any prize, or while preparing for, participating in any Contest-related or prize-related activity. The Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by any of the Releasees, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions that may cause damage to a user's system or limit an potential entrant's ability to participate in the Contest.
19. WHERE CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS AVAILABLE
These rules and regulations are available online at the Website.
20. COMPLIANCE WITH CONTEST RULES
All contestants agree to abide by the Contest Rules, which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsors.
21. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS
This Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively.
For residents of Quebec, any litigation respect the conduct and awarding of a prize in this publicity contest may be submitted to La Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec ("La Régie") for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to La Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. All taxes on the prizes have been paid in accordance with the rules laid down by La Régie.
®Trade-mark of Interac Inc.